Saturday, July 19, 2008

Venice, Italy

Here we are on to Venice! We had fun in Venice, it is very pretty and clean, including the air because they don't have cars on the island...only boats!!! Venice is mostly a place to go and relax and enjoy the scenery...we went to/saw St Mark's Square, the Clock Tower, Doges' Palace, and the Bridge of Sighs. We also got to watch an awesome glassblowing demo!!! I could kick myself now for not taking pics because it was SOO cool, but I was too busy watching the guy show us how it is done(he did it all VERY fast), that I didn't even get a chance to think of taking a picture until it was over....if any of my fellow travellers happened to get a pic I will share, until then you will have to imagine it in your mind!!! We also got to go on a cool gondola ride, that was fun and the highlight of Venice for me....Venice was SO beautiful and EXACTLY what we all imagined it to be...I would like to go back there someday for sure! Stay tuned...next up is the exciting and never dull Switzerland!!!!

No comments: